Ever considered Cloud Accounting?
Cloud accounting is where your accounting records are kept on an internet server rather than on a computer at your office.
Here are 11 reasons why now is the right time to consider cloud accounting
- It is the direction things are moving. More and more software companies are pushing their clients to move in this direction. Their focus is in the cloud and it is where development will happen – giving you the client a better product.
- You can log into your accounts from anywhere in the world. You simply need to have internet access. That includes your mobile device should your regular internet service be down.
- You always work on the latest version. There are no compatability issues and no need to pay for the latest version or even worse, your version being discontinued.
- Backup of your data. The companies that offer cloud accounting services have more resources available than the average small to medium business person. And unlike busy business people they do not forget. If you have ever lost any data you will know how important a backup is.
- Security. Your data will be more secure if it sits on the servers of world class companies than yours.
- Corruption of data. It just does not seem to happen.
- It contains functions that make your life easier. It is my impression that the “old” accounting packages have been written with the accountant in mind and the new cloud based packages with the business owner in mind.
- The internet is much faster than in the past (and it will only get faster).
- It has been well tested in other parts of the world and teething problems have been ironed out.
- Time is money and cloud accounting saves you time. A lot of it – in my experience anyway.
- Your accountants can log in anytime (if you want them to) and keep an eye on things. This will help your accountant to do better tax planning and save you money.
If you are ready to move your accounting out of the stone age and experience the benefits of cloud accounting please give us a call (021) 557 3153.
We are doing our accounts in the cloud and have not regretted the decision one day.